To open the source and target files to use for comparison, use one of the following
options from the
browse drop-down list:
- Browse for local - Opens a dialog to browse for files in your
local file system.
- Browse for remote - Opens the Open URL
dialog to browse for remote files.
- Browse for archive - Opens the Archive
Browser dialog to browse for archives.
- Browse Data Source Explorer - Opens the Data Source
Explorer dialog to browse database sources.
- Search for file - Opens the Find Resource
dialog for advanced search capabilities.
The comparison tool keeps track of the files you are currently working with and those
that you opened in this window. You can see and select them from the two combo boxes.
You can also save the changes in either file by clicking the corresponding
You can close compared files by using the Close button. To compare XML
fragments you need to close the compared files in order to copy and paste the fragments into
each side of the panel.